Monday, September 22, 2003

And yet more crud...

Well, well.  It's not over yet.  I'm writing now before i peruse the other GLOWS; that way i won't get discouraged about my own lack of cleverness!

     So-----i got up and watched my Barnabas.  He's stuck [kind of] in 1840 and Julia's the big time-tripper.  Hane sat around doing puzzles and sucking up the O2.  Then i added some chicken to Saturday's salad, and some chicken Fat to my leftover grits.  And yes i ate a doughnut with my moka-coffee.  Shaved my face and got ready to go to work.  The green ghost, tap tap VROOM, took me to the mid-point convenience store...Where this big black dude was counting out a passel of ones for Raj [the Indian proprietor--not a stereotype at all].  Long story short: the large and tall customer was none other than Daryl Dawkins, late of the pro basketball and currently a coach of a smaller local semi-pro team.  I know----i know, i shoulda got an autograph like all my star-struck relatives.  But there's a good chance I'll run into him again...

      Meanwhile, I'm a bit of a minor celebrity myself for taking all that yard-waste on Saturday.  Public works had to tamp down my bins before the transport to the County facility; Jim [one of my bosses] was impressed.  And then, today, we filled them all yet again.  Only this time i got a small chance to eat my LUNCH!  The salad anyway...  [now i'm listening to my own music]  ONE would think there'd been a tropical storm or something!

     Enough about me!  Off to put out the Garbage and read the Pent=excellent Glows, then Comedy Central movie[High Fidelity] ...   comment if YOU dare, for i am the overly ambitious crud=collecting     slackman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok---i skipped the movie. Where's my posse?

Anonymous said...

right here.

Followers

Blog Archive